The following values and guiding principles guide the routine operations, decision-making, and future planning of the Foundation.
The Foundation is committed to:
- A comprehensive approach to fundraising and responsible stewardship of all funds;
Operating ethically, with the utmost professionalism and integrity, and with clarity, transparency and accountability in all that we do within the Foundation and in the community;
- Providing a safe and healthy physical environment for the students of Olde Providence Elementary School;
- Funding projects that have the potential for broad (i.e. across grade level and across the community) and/or long-term impact;
- Being flexible, adaptable and responsive to changing community and educational needs;
- Working in partnership with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school district to understand educational priorities that will inform, but not dictate, the Foundation’s funding decisions; and
- Continual improvement and organizational renewal through on-going self-assessment, planning, and board development.
The Foundation believes:
- Public schools like Olde Providence Elementary School are the foundation of our communities and should be universally supported;
- In community involvement, volunteerism and investment in public education;
- In educating the whole child including a focus on physical, social, emotional and intellectual development to prepare them to become citizens and leaders of the 21st century;
- All students regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or socio-economic status deserve the best education the community can deliver;
- In the transformative power of elementary school education for students at all levels of readiness, ability and achievement; and
- Elementary school education should be challenging, enriching, inspiring and fun.