Hi OP Families!
The Foundation Board is excited to announce our first OP Art Contest!
We are missing our school now more than ever…so what better way to celebrate our Staff, Teachers and Classmates than with a friendly Art Competition?!
2020 Olde Providence Elementary School Art Contest
“What OP Means to Me”
Any OP student may participate.
Judging and Winners
• A panel of judges will review entries by grade level.
• A finalist will be selected from each grade.
• A Best‐in‐Show winner will be named out of the grade‐level finalists.
• All finalists’ artwork will be displayed at the school, on the Foundation Facebook Page and in the PTA Blast.
Media and Technique Requirements
Any of the following media or techniques may be used:
• Paint (watercolor, tempera, poster, acrylic, etc.)
• Drawing materials (pencil, charcoal, colored chalk, pastels, oil pastels, colored pencils, markers, etc.)
• Collage materials (cut & glued papers, such as construction paper, tissue paper, wrapping paper, etc.)
• Prints (handmade stencils, gadget printing, collographs, block prints, etc.)
• Original digital illustration
Students are encouraged to use bold colors and strong lines.
A selection committee will review artwork submissions based on the following criteria:
• Interpretation of the theme
• Technical skill
Any artwork that depicts copyrighted images will be rejected. For example, no artworks depicting characters from television shows, movies, video games, or books will be accepted. All artworks must be original ideas and created entirely by the student.
One entry per student.
SUBMISSION OF ARTWORK
1. Create a digital image of your artwork (keep the original!)
2. Save your digital image as a .jpg using the following file name and type:
[your last name]_[teacher]_grade.jpg
Example: Smith_Barne _K.jpg
3. Email your digital file to email@example.com. Give us a brief description of your artwork. Your artwork must be uploaded no later than April 27th to be eligible for the competition.
4. Keep your original artwork. Winners art will be displayed at the school.
5. There is not an entry fee for this art contest. If you would like to donate to the OPES Foundation, you may do so by clicking on the Fundraising tab and selecting the PayPal button. Thank you for your continued support! Go Knights!